- stanley park headers5
Applied Learning and Mathematics & Computing
In July 2009 we successfully achieved Specialist School Status with a Combined Specialism in Applied Learning and Mathematics & Computing. We are currently the only school in the country with such a combined specialism. This status was awarded to us because of the spectacular increase in examinations results since 2005 and the quality of our curriculum provision, particularly in Mathematics, Computing and our Vocational subjects.
The aims of the specialist schools programme are to:
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils in all subjects.
- Strengthen and develop the teaching of specialist subjects and disseminate best practice;
- Extend the range of opportunities available to pupils through specialist subjects, links with sponsors, businesses and other educational organisations;
- Collaborate with our partner secondary schools (Carshalton Girls and St Philomena’s) and primary schools (Beddington Park Primary, Stanley Park Infants and Stanley Park Juniors) to provide or facilitate high quality learning opportunities in specialist subjects;
- Provide or facilitate high quality learning opportunities for the schools’ wider community.